#7: The education of children and youth, if and when delegated by parents, must be done by teachers chosen with utmost care to ensure that they all follow these principles.
- Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens.
- For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him: Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD.
(I Samuel 1:27-28)
- And the child Samuel ministered unto the LORD before Eli. And the word of the LORD was precious in those days; there was no open vision. And it came to pass at that time, when Eli was laid down in his place, and his eyes began to wax dim, that he could not see; And are the lamp of God went out in the temple of the LORD, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep; That the LORD called Samuel: and he answered, Here I am. And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou callest me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down. And the LORD called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again. Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the word of the LORD yet revealed unto him. And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child. Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak LORD; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place. And the LORD came, and stood, and called as to other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.
(I Samuel 3:1-10)
The task of raising children is awesome. It is becoming increasingly more demanding with each passing day. Every parent will in some way delegate some of the responsibility to others to properly educate his/her children. This happens when we take them to church, allow them to go on the Internet, or send them to school.
When Moses was trying to educate the children of Israel to know and follow God, Jethro told him he better delegate some of the tasks to others if he was going to survive. However, Jethro warned Moses to be extremely careful in the character of the person to whom he would delegate any portion of this responsibility. In essence, each person had to "fear God, love truth and hate covetousness."
Consider who you are allowing to help you in educating your children. Make a list of every person and/or institution, organization, etc., who is teaching your children about any aspect of life. Then ask this question of each one:
- Does each one fear God, love truth and hate covetousness?
- What can you do to ensure that these types of people are the only ones that you allow to help you educate your children?
It is true that we cannot control this in every situation. However, this principle can and must be applied in the major areas of life where our children are receiving training.
CCA is growing!
If you would like more information about enrolling your child,
feel free to contact...
Wednesday, November 8th (beginning by 8:30am)
Click to view your list for this year!